I have signed this petition to register my objection to the AHS closing of Gracelife Church as well as the recent illegal imprisonment of Pastor James Coates. I object on the following grounds:
1. This is a clear violation of our constitutional rights to freedom of religion as well as freedom of assembly.Please refer to section 1 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, and sections 1.c and 1.e of the Canadian Bill of Rights .
2. The Alberta Government has yet to prove that there is indeed a state of medical emergency. The government declaring a state of emergency does not constitute an actual emergency. The government of Alberta has been called to court to provide evidence that an emergency exists and that the lockdowns, social distancing and mask mandates are an effective response. Rather than providing evidence of this the government's lawyers have simply delayed proceedings with a stated need to 'gather more evidence'. A year isn't enough time to be sure of their actions?
3. Regarding the imprisonment of Pastor Coates: You will note that when Pastor Coates was released all but one of the charges was dropped. This is because your government knows their actions in this case were illegal and a blatant violation of James Coates' rights.
4. Masks and social distancing don't work. If these measures worked, there would have been a marked drop in cases and deaths in Alberta when mandatory mask mandates and social distancing policies were put in place. No such drop was observed. See our site for a chart from Health Canada for the proof.
5. Lockdowns don't work. World Health Organization representative Dr. David Nabarro has stated clearly "We really do appeal to all world leaders: stop using lockdown as your primary control method. Develop better systems for doing it. Work together and learn from each other, but remember lockdowns just have one consequence that you must never, ever belittle, and that is making poor people an awful lot poorer." With Alberta businesses being severely restricted in the number of customers they can serve, the only thing being accomplished is further damage to the Alberta economy, and to the lives and livelihoods of Albertans.
6. Lockdowns are costing far more in loss of life than the virus has or ever could. In 2020 only 66 people under the age of 60 in Alberta died from Covid. Meanwhile we have seen record numbers of suicides, drug overdoses and deaths from untreated medical conditions. Many of these suicides and overdoses are in the under 25 age group.
7. Much more effective and far cheaper methods exist. Research from very credible sources show that treating patients with Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine reduces deaths by 90%, while 4,000 mg/day of Vitamin D will drastically reduce infection rates.